Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 - Let the games begin.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house for my mom and several siblings.  I've been working out the menu, and it looks a little excessive as most Thanksgiving menus tend to look.  I'm doing most of the work myself, because I love it.  I did ask my sister to bring a salad and some stuffing, or more accurately, dressing, since it's not actually going to be stuffed in the bird.



Here's how this years menu is shaping up:

Starters - a country style Rabbit Pate from France, Quail Liver Mousse from Dai Due (a wonderful local gourmet foods company/supper club), Cranberry Pecan Goat Milk Ricotta from Wateroak Farm.

Green salad with vinaigrette dressing
Brined roasted heritage turkey with gravy
Cranberry sauce
Dressing/Stuffing - TBD
Mashed potatoes - Yukon golds and sweet
Green beans with tomato confit (the ones from my earlier post are still holding up)
Curried creamed onions
Sweet potato biscuits

Apple pie with cajeta drizzle
Praline pumpkin pie
Whipped cream

Then on Friday, a quick trip to the cardiologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment